Diamond Head Real Estate for Sale
Diamond Head real estate has inspired numerous nicknames that have become famous worldwide including The Miracle Mile, the Gold Coast, Playground of the Pacific – the iconic image of Waikiki Beach. Hawaiian royalty first established summer residences here in part due to the abundance of fresh water (Waikiki means “spouting water”) that was conveniently near the crescent beach. Since the 1920s, celebrities from all over the globe have been drawn here for sun and fun, whiling away the days riding outrigger canoes, surfing and soaking up the sun. On the beach itself, little has changed since those halcyon days.
Diamond Head Real Estate Amenities & Features
With the advent of statehood, Waikiki evolved into a tourist mecca, boasting some of the world’s finest hotels, the world’s first condominiums and a wide variety of high-rise apartments, from lavish to affordable. Visitors and residents alike have made Waikiki their home (and home away from home). From a luxury penthouse at the foot of Diamond Head to an affordable unit overlooking the Ala Wai Golf Course and Koolau Mountains, Waikiki has a wealth of real estate options. Diamond Head real estate also has a large number of breathtaking oceanfront condominium buildings situated along the ocean shoreline, often referred to as the Gold Coast of Honolulu.
Some of the jewels in Waikiki include:
- Historic Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian and Halekulani hotels.
- Ultra-modern hotels such as the Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel, Waikiki Beach Marriott & Spa and Trump International Hotel & Tower.
- Honolulu Zoo, one of the world’s finest.
- Waikiki Aquarium, a showcase of Pacific sea life.
- Kapiolani Park, a 500-acre playground for soccer enthusiasts, softball teams and joggers. The park’s Waikiki Shell stages a variety of cultural events and musical concerts.